CLUTCH

2001 Pontiac Grand Am • 162,000 miles

Clutch reservoir ran dry which caused clutch to hit floor. Was able to pump enought to get some pressure back and get the car home. Below the air cleaner is a bleeder valve which attached to something that sits inside the engine block, there is also a metal line which looks to run to the transmission. I wanted to get all of the air out of the clutch so I opened the bleeder and very little fluid came out. The reservoir is full and even after pumping. 1000 different times I can not get any pressure back to the clutch. I even used a mightyvac on the bleeder itself and there was still little that came out. What else can I do? I am on my 5th day now, and have tried the old school method of pumping and opening the bleeder, but no luck. PLEASE HELP ME
Rob vivenzio

Which engine do you have? What's leaking if it went dry?Most likely you will need a clutch master and slave cylinder.

2.4 litre. I pulled the plastic hose off that goes to the bottom of th reservoir. There is plent of fluid in the line. My wife said there was a small wet spot under the car after the last time she drove it, but the reservoir was still full. I am thinking that the piston in master cylinder is faulty as it appears the fluid has no way of getting passed the piston, like it is disengaged or something.

Rob vivenzio
Look under the car at the bottom of the clutch housing on the transmission is it all wet?The slave cylinders on those commonly leak.

The clutch pedal sticks to the floor when pushed in, there is no pressure at all. Can move it easilt by hand, I pulled the clutch master cylinder and tried to bench bleed it. The piston will not move, does this mean the clutch cylinder is bad?

Rob vivenzio
So is there wetness on the clutch housing?Have you looked for one yet?