OIL PRESSURE

2001 Pontiac Bonneville • 137,967 miles

Oil pressure gauge jumps back and forth from 120 PSI to 0PSI when driving car. This is accompanied with a woosh sound each time it fluctuates. I recently added a quart of oil and it is coming up due for oil change. Engine seems to be running smooth
Ljack59

I can give you some info on that gage. I'd have to check wiring and connections. You might try to use an analog gage in place of oil pressure sending unit, see if the reading is doing the same thing. My hearing is no good, don't know about the sound you are hearing?

The IPC displays the engine oil pressure as determined by the PCM. The IPC receives a class 2 message from the PCM indicating the engine oil pressure. The engine oil pressure gage defaults to 0 kPa (0 psi) or below if: • The PCM detects a malfunction in the engine oil pressure sensor circuit.

• The IPC detects a loss of class 2 communications with the PCM.