NO POWER TO STARTER OF

2001 Opel Astra • 4 cylinder FWD Manual • 270,000 miles

I have an opel astra 2001 classic. The car was running 100%. I then took the battery off to help a friend with his car, there was little sparks as I took the positive off. Everything worked when I fitted the battery except the headlights and the car wont start. No power going to the starter - you turn the key, all shows that the car is ready to start but when you turn the key to start nothing happens. I cant find a fuse that has gone. Any idea's please?
Tripp

Check fuses and fusible links, are there any other cables apart from the terminal fitted and left off?

Mhpautos
Thank you for helping Mhpautos,

I have checked on the terminals and no wire was left out. There are only one thick cable running from the positive and two on the negative. I've checked most fuses that might be the ones thats causing the problem. I sat and thought about it last night and I forgot that I did check for loose wires in front as well yesterday as i've had the car for two months and havent had the time to check if there are any wires loose. I took the car radio out as well which I bought a while ago the put connecters at the back the day before yesterday so I should look there too. I'll look for its manual and see if I cant find where the wires and fuses lead to.

Tripp
Ok, I went home to try something but no joy. I found out its 3 things thats not working. The headlights (fog lights, dim lights and beam lights all not working), the horn and the car not starting - no power to starter. Everything else worked 100%.

Tripp
I do not have a wiring schematic for you car, but there will have to be a fusible link or fuse block that runs these systems, I will keep looking on line for something.

Mhpautos
Thank you for the help!

Tripp