PROBLEMS WITH MY VAN

2001 Oldsmobile Silhouette • 6 cylinder FWD Automatic •

2001 olds silhouette mini van WITH THE HEADLIGHT ON, THE REVERSE LIGHTS AND FLASHERS COME ON WHILE APPLYING THE BRAKES. ALSO, THE RIGHT SIDE FRONT & REAR LIGHTS AND THE HIGH MOUNT STOP LAMP FLASHES FASTER (THE HIGH MOUNT STOP LAMP SHOULD NOT FLASH AT ALL.) EVERYTHING WORKS FINE WITH THE HEADLIGHTS OFF. Ive seen this problems on other van of style general motors van
Scottthompson1973

I ahve the exact same problem. I hope we can get a response. I've checked all fuses, lamps, sockest. Can't figure it out.

Spy4uinc
Me to mate. It's a frustrating issue. I spoke to an electrician at work. He figures it's a short somewhere. I spoke to a rep at lordco who responded the same. It's really frustrating. I am by no means a mechanic so locating the issue without someone pointing to the right area is frustrating. Clearly this isn't a unique issue to our vehicles. I'll continue to research. If I find anything, Ill post here.

EagleRecon
I have the same issue. Damed If I can find a solution. I consulted an electrician, mechanic and parts distributor.

EagleRecon
We have the same problem. Even had the wiring harness replaced but that did not help. It is aggravating!

Dianne4016