ELECTRIC DOOR PROBLEMS

2001 Oldsmobile Aurora • V8 • 78,000 miles

All the doors on My 2001 Olds Aurora no longer respond to any electric commands (except for the speakers) I purchased repair manuals & found a couple of common #'s that kept showing up in the electrical diagrams. The first number 1807 Class 2 Serial Data (Primary)which is basically where almost all the wires seem to lead to for computer read outs when trouble exists? The second number is 2076 the Driver Door Module (C1) I think? Can you help me? Thanks Tina
Kccakelady1

Firstcheck the battery in your remote, then reprogram it to your car. This is alot of causes of problems similar to this. The fuses for the doors are in the rear fuse block which is under the left rear seat. There is also a grund there to check as well. Another ground is under the left kick panel. But I am assuming you have checked your switches to make sure they are good as well.

Hey there hmac300, I should of let ya know that all electronics (all windows, locks, mirrors, courtesy lites, programed seats, gas, & trunk)on door do work if prompted by hand switches on all doors. Trunk does work by remote but locks do not though. & We have checked the battery and disconnected and reconnected, and we have checked all fuses in the rear seat and under the hood, all are registering good. Im gonna check the grounds and let you know. Thanks so much.

Kccakelady1
Check to see if the linkage clips have broken from the locking mechanism. Everything is controlled through the drivers door switch as well as the drivers door module. There is one ground in the left door and ground for the module is in the left front kick panel. It may be abad module, but usually the only way to check those is with a tech 2 which a dealer has.

Hey there, we got it fixed! Two wires had broke loose of the wiring harness in the drivers door henge area. Everything on the doors work now! Now for the blower motor that sounds like I have a leaf or something stuck in the fan or airway area? Thanks for all your help guys.

Kccakelady1
In my case tried to open my olds aurora 2001 after going to the store
found out the fob didn't open the door all the door locks mirrors and gas tank cap didn't open
read some posts on line where folks had similar problems
changed the 56 with 57 30amp silver fuse under the rear seat
now all works as it should
just wanted to post a solution to help others, not to many people post a resolution after their problem is solved so hope this helps

71hornet