MITSUBISHI GALANT SENSOR PROBLEM

2001 Mitsubishi Galant • 140,000 miles

2001 Mitsubishi Galant starting problems. The timing belt broke which snapped the crank shaft sensor and another small belt beside the sensor.(I am asking this for my husband so I have no clue what that belt is) so he replaced the belts and the crank shaft sensor. Also he took of the head gasket to make sure there wasnt any bent valves and there wasnt, it is a non interference motor and a dual over head cam, after replacing everything and putting the car back together we tried and tried to crank it and it wouldn't start, well after readjusting the timing several times it finally started and then shut off, it wouldnt start back up because the starter went out, well we replaced the starter and the spark plugs becasue they were filed out and it still will not start, any suggestions on what this could be? Thanks.
Dearmon09

Scan for codes, check fuel pressure and recheck cam timing to make sure it is in time with crank. What engine is it? Have h im check compression as well
if around 90 or 70 psi ther eis avalve bent

It is a 4 cylinder engine. He checked the fuel pupm and it is working. Not sure if he checked the fuel pressure, but it will turn over fine just not start up.

Dearmon09
Do what i've suggested we can't see it nor know what he did