GOOD MORNING...I HAVE A GALLANT MANUAL 4 CYL .ACTUALLY BEFORE A MONTH THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT CAME ON AND NOW I HAVE A BLACK SMOKE FROM

2001 Mitsubishi Galant • 90,000 miles

We have cleaned air cleaner, we have changed the air filter, changed air flow sensor, checked all the wiring and connections
Asadkhan

Good morning.I have a 2001 Mitsubishi Gallant Manual 4 CYL. Actually before a month the Check Engine light came on and now I have a black smoke from silencer, and radiator fans are working continuously, there is no heat up issue with the car, Mechanic inspected the Engine and he said the engine is fine but still we are unable to figure out about the problem causing check engine indication and how to trouble shoot it. Btw we don’t have a scanner to diagnose so it’s coming more difficult for me to figure out what is really happened to the car maybe something is wrong with sensors. I don’t know the engine has also little hesitation …
Any help is appreciated.

Asadkhan
You need to scan it to find out what sensor if any is bad. If you cant do that then you are just shooting at space.