SHOULD I INVEST IN REPAIRS OR SELL MY CAR?

2001 Mercury Sable • 149,000 miles

I am thinking about selling my 2001 mercury sable that has over 149000 miles on it. It is in need of these repairs: There is a football size dent in the right front bumper, a broken coil spring over the right rear tire, the air conditioning and heat blows out of the defrost vents (merchanic also broke glove compartment trying to find the problem), there is a 10 by 6 inch panel cover missing on the front passenger side door, windshied wiper works on every setting except iintermittent.

The car recently passed emission testing here in New Jersey and is good until 2014.

Being on disability I really cannot afford the repairs at this time and need the money. Only problem is I live alone and in a small town and you need transportation to get just about anywhere.

As much as I would like to keep my car I am leaning towards selling it. How much do you think I can sell my car for as is? Thank you for your time.
Liljune

Hi well these problems arenot serious and the only safety issue is the spring which is a couple hundred at most. So if you are set on selling it these cars can be bought between 1000- 1500 with the issues you have mileage and age conciddered.

Billymac
Thanks for the timely advice and price range billymac. I can now make an informative decision.

Liljune
You are certainly welcome

Billymac