QUESTION ON ECU

2001 Mercedes Benz CLK430 • 155,000 miles

I have recently experienced some odd rpms when idle, stopped at a light, or when going in reverse and after starting the car.
When stopped at a light sometimes the rpms either go up to 16000-20000, or the car feels like it is going to stall. When going in reverse the car feels like it is going to stall, when idle and then accelerating, the car feels very sluggish.
Johnmilan

Do you have a check engine light?

Check the fuel pressure, idle air control, EGR valve, and throttle position sensor

NO OTHER LIGHT IS ON. You cannot get a cel when the computer is not working. Throttle body was cleaned and nothing changed.

Johnmilan
If the computer is no good, I don't think it'll be running

Then why would there be no response from a scan? The scanner was tested next on another car and it worked?

Johnmilan
Check if the PCM is being powered up-Do you have a scantool or a code reader

Yes we used the scantool and no response.

Johnmilan
You sure the scantool is compatable

Yes used on a bummer next

Johnmilan
If the ecu was down, would the srs light, or check engine light go on?

Johnmilan
Hey Raz I need some quick help! This is Mike from South Carolina. Have some friends here that need to go back North for work tomorrow. His jeep wont start has juice. Can you tell me where the neutral safetty switch and where the fuse is for it so I can get them on there way. Can not get into to Mitchell and Don't have a updated book. Your help would be appreaciated Mike. By the way How is the weather? Will talk later Mike Ritzel

M_H_RITZEL
Page 1 of 2