MAZDA 323 DEALER PROBLEM

2001 Mazda 323 • 160,000 miles

Hi my car has been slightly submerged in floodwaters, we had another one in the garage with water up to the bottom of the steering wheel, which was dried out and now works fine, my mazda wasn't dried out as much and now it cranks but doesn't fire. I was told a new loom, ecu and immobiliser would fix it. Thank you
Andrew96

How were those parts checked? And are they saying that all three need replaced?

It was checked by a mazda dealer, I've replaced the immobiliser but still not starting

Andrew96
My concern is that not all of them need replaced. Since it was a dealer, there is a good chance they are correct.

Would you think that it just needs the new ecu and loom? Or something else. I'd love to fix it as it was a great car and the water barely went it the exhaust.

Andrew96
That is a good question. If you are not getting spark to the engine, that is a good possibility.

So just get a new ecu and loom?

Andrew96
Not being there makes it difficult for me to say. However, if the dealer said it tested bad, chances are that will fix it.

Would you know where the ecu area located

Andrew96