WHAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM, I HAVE VIBRATION DURING ACCELERATION ONLY....EASE UP ON GAS NO VIBRATION...

2001 Lincoln Town Car • 150,000 miles

Have replaced the brake rotors, brake pads, idler arms, shocks, ball joints, tie rods and still get vibration when I accelerate. What could be the problem.I just dont know what else to do to fix this problem. Please help!
Nora.malone

None of the things you mentioned will cause a vibration under acceleration. Only the brake rotors will cause a vibration but that won't be limited to acceleration. The most common cause is tight universal joints. A less common cause is a collapsed transmission mount that causes a change in the drive shaft angle. Sagged rear springs can do that too, but the vibration will generally occur while cruising, not just when accelerating.

Have the tires/wheels and wheel alignment checked out-could also be the transaxles

Yes I had, new tires installed, a wheel alignment done and wheels balanced

Nora.malone
Start checking the drive line for worn joints or a damaged shaft that may be out of balance.

Mhpautos