LINCOLN CONTINENTAL FUEL PUMP PROBLEM

2001 Lincoln Continental • 115,000 miles

Just had the fuel pump assembly replaced on a 2001 Lincoln continental. It died and got towed to our garage - mechanic said it was pulling 0 pressure. Just picked it up and it seems to be running a bit rough idle-wise. Does the computer have to relearn using a new fuel pump? Just curious
Crawfocsit

No, there is no relearn for the fuel pump. Check to make sure the tech didn't knock off a vacuum hose or something when working on it.

If the battery was disconnected when they replaced the fuel pump the idle air control valve has to relearn the target idle speed-keep driving it till it relearns the idle speed-

Bouncing heads there buddy, is it just you and me-too bad we can't tell

Thanks so much gentlemen. Kind of thought that the idle might need to be re-educated. I'm going to drive it most of tomorrow so if the problem doesn't disappear then my mechanic will see me first thing Monday: -) Specially after what I just got charged for this repair. Youch.
Again thanks for the help - both good ideas.
Craig

Crawfocsit
Hope we helped.

No problem, that's what we here for to help-keep us posted