NOISE

2001 Lexus GS 430

Noises problem
2001 Lexus GS 430 V8 All Wheel Drive Automatic 185, 00 miles

When I initially turn my car on accessory or actually start it, I hear a vibrating humming noise that sounds like it's coming from the drivers side dash. This noise is intermittant and lasts for 3-6 seconds then goes away for a minute then comes back again on and off while Im in the car. Sometimes it will go way for a week then start up again. This just started happening about 2 months ago and no one can figure it out. They say wait til it breaks, but I would rather not. Please advise if you have heard of this problem before

Thank you
Lauralyn1

I also have a 2001 gs 430 lexus with simular buzzing sound coming from the dash board. I took my car to the lexus dealer and they told me there are 8 to 10 fans in the dash board and the noise is caused by the regulator that controls the fans. They said to repair the problem they would have to remove the dash board, and this labor would take at least 2 to 3 days. Im taking my car in for service at the lexus dealer on 9/7/2011, I'll get an price on the job at hand. Im sure them having the 2 to 3 days sounds expensive.

Michael decambre
Did you get problem resolved?

Fixitmr