NEW BATTERY NO POWER?

2001 Lexus IS 300 • 125 miles

My battery was low, when I turned the key car still had power just not enough to start, it was a old battery so I bought a new one just after a few minutes of checking the old battery, now I connected the new battery and its charged but when I turn the key I have no power no lights nothing. Whats wrong? It at least turned the dash lights with old battery
Armando123456

Check your cable connections for clean solid connections

I check them, there ok they have electrical current, cleaned the conectors, car had power and worked all day before old battery went low, all I did was disconnect old one connect new one. I check fuses there ok, still no power, what else can it be?

Armando123456
Did you cross the cables installing the battery?

No, battery has power, positve to positve negative to negative, I just dont have power nothing comes on, no noise nothing.

Armando123456
I THINK HE WANTS TO KNOW IF YOU ACCIDENTALLY CROSSED THEM (EVEN FOR A SPLIT SECOND)

IF YOU ATTEMPTED A "JUMP START"--DID SOMETHING POSSIBLY GET CROSSED UP---OR ARCED?

WITHOUT SUPER ACCURATE INFO ASEMaster6371 MIGHT GUESS FOR THE NEXT 3 DAYS

RIGHT NOW LOOKS LIKE HE MAY HAVE SOMETHING TO GO ON. DEPENDING ON YOUR ANSWER

Oh ok, no, I did not, I made sure I connected it right, I have not tried to jump start it since the battery is new, I know its hard to understand but I am giving you all the info, my car is just sittin now havnt tried nothn else, all I know, my old battery gave me power at least to my accesories, ect, disconected the old one put a new one in and bam no power, thats where im at. Im stumped. Thanks for all the info guys

Armando123456
TIME TO GET SERIOUS!

LOOK AT "ALL" OF YOUR FUSES

MR. STARTER COULD BE BAD

TURN YOUR HIGH BEAMS ON---ATTEMPT A START----DO THE LIGHTS DIM TO NOTHING?

BEST PART HERE---READ MY ANSWER IN THIS LINK

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/1996-chevrolet-tahoe-wont-start-sounds-dead-battery-jumpbox-get-same-reults

KEEP US POSTED

I will try to check all fuses and go threw all connections tomorrow as im off, didnt try the high beam thing because I have zero electrical power lights wont dim because they wont even turn on. Basically is acting like I have no battery connected at all. Thanks for the advise

Armando123456