LANDROVER

2001 Land Rover Freelander • 4WD Manual •

Hi i've just replaced the rear brake shoes and drums on my freelander but when I brake there not working much and nor is the handbrake
Swindonboy

When you replaced the brake shoes did you adjust them up like your suppose too?Or did you just replace the shoes and not adjust them?If that's the case that would explain the lack of braking in the rear.

When I put them on I wound an adjuster so they pulled in and the shoes pulled tight inwards thinking the caliper would push them outwards was this right or should have I adjusted them so they pushed ouwards

Swindonboy
You have to adjust them out slowly until a light scraping sounding is heard when the drum is on and spinning it by hand. If you spin the adjuster all the way in and don't adjust it like I just told you the brake pedal will have a lot more travel because more brake fluid is used to make the shoe's travel to the drums. Give what I said a try on both rear brake's and let me know what happens.

Done what you said and everything is working fine now thanks very much for your help it's much appreciated

Swindonboy
Your very welcome that's what were here for.