MY CHECK ENGINE LIGHT COMES ON AND OFF SO I TOOK IT TO AUTO ZONE AND THEY TOLD ME IT WAS MY KNOCK SENSOR.

2001 Kia Sportage • 125,000 miles

But the young fella didnt know anything about it. Like where it goes. What it does to my kia. Nothing. PLEASE HELP. And I would like to know is it easy to change? And how much would a shop charge me to do it?
Oxnetteox

First of all, they are parts salesman, not techs.

A code never identifies a bad part, just a failed system.
You need a shop with a scan tool, not a code reader, to monitor the knck sensor to verify if it is working properly and the wiring needs to be checked as well.

[quote]first of all, they are parts salesman, not techs.[/Quote]

AMEN

Wrenchtech
I was check my car with OBD 2 and result problem code P1127, before I repaired, I was changes O2 sensor, MAF unit, but now check engine light come on, some time to off light I tried to open ECU fuse after that key ignition on, after that to off key, Ecu fuse installed again, continued try key ignition on and started engine, check engine light not come, if I use driving a car suddenly check engine light come again, Please tell me how to solve my car problem, thank's

Jalajanda
Stop with the fuses. You need a shop with a scan tool that can monitor the sensor activities. Without a scan tool you are spending a lot of money on items that dont fix the car.

My shop fix car say with me and they asked me the problem Code diagnostic car P1127, they not find place how to fix as by code P1127, could you info me, after that I talk to repair shop car to repair my car as your suggestion, thank's I wait info from you soonest, thank's

Jalajanda