CV AXLE

2001 Kia Magentis • 215,233 miles

When my cv axel broke it pulled the knuckle out of the transmission now I can not figure out how to pull the metal cover the knuckle sits in off, any advice on what to do?
Lilman91

The knuckle sits on the outer end of the axle by the wheel. It's a steering component. It's called the steering knuckle. Please take a picture of what you're having trouble with.

Rivermikerat
No it wasnt the steering knuckle it was the spline end that slides into the tranny with that little clip. In other words my axle blew apart and blew the ball joint with it but the cv bot seperated the peice from the tranny and the axle itself just needed to pry it out but was having trouble but I got it out and fixed thanks anyways I appreciate your help

Lilman91
My pleasure.

Rivermikerat
New question apparently this Kia has a lot of problems to fix haha. Anyway I recently found I have an oil leak when I changed the oil, its only leaked out a bit and now it started chugging, is it just because it is low on oil or is it just a coincidence that I have both these problems, keep in mind the chugging didn't start till after I discovered the leak and the oil is not that far down on the dipstick

Lilman91
Chugging? I doubt it. Have it scanned for codes. And fix the oil leak. They usually only get worse, not better.

Rivermikerat
Ok sounds good I just bought a new oil pan and gasket for it so hopefully that will fix it

Lilman91
It should if that's the source of the leak and you clean the mating surface on the bottom of the block properly.

Rivermikerat
So I got the new oil pan and cleaned the surface thoroughly and put fresh oil in it and the leak stopped so problem one fixed however it is still chugging/stuttering and it lacks power. Also the tach jumps up and down also the stuttering gets better when im in park but worsens when I put it in gear? Any suggestions

Lilman91
Have it scanned for codes and check for vacuum leaks.

Rivermikerat