FAN RUNNING CONTINUOSLY

2001 Jaguar S-Type • V8 • 99,763 miles

Hi I just purchased a 2001 s type 4.0 jaguar and the cooling fan runs continuosly. And the temp needle stays in the middle should this be happening? Thank you for your reply.
Clarence Gaddy

I need to get a little clarification. When you start your engine from cold, the fans come on right away? When the car is shut off, the fan should continue running for awhile, but how long does it take to shut off?

Ernest Clark
I hear the fan running as soon as the car warms up and it runs continously for about 1-2 minutes after shuting off. Also my temp needle stays at halfway.

Clarence Gaddy
The fans should do exactly that. As for the temp needle, it should not always be at the half-way mark, though that will not cause any damage to your engine.

Your temp gauge should run from 1/4 to 1/2 way mark. If it's really hot outside and/or you are running the A/C for long, it's not unusual for the gauge to go past 1/2 way. But not into the red zone! You can check the condition of your coolant, if your drive belt is slipping, any blockages in the radiator fins.

Also, If you get a check engine light, have the computer scanned and send me the codes.

Ernest Clark