CHECK ENGINE/EGR

2001 Isuzu Trooper • 6 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 138,000 miles

I have a 2001 Trooper and the check engine light was on. Upon having it checked I was told that it was an EGR problem. My question is. Does this model have a EGR valve and solenoid or is it the valve only? Also, if the EGR valve was replaced, what would make the check engine light come back on after a couple of days and it be diagnosed again for the EGR?
Carb42

What is the exact code number you have?There is more then one egr code. Let me know and I can be alot more help to you.

Insuffcient air flow egr valve

Bolovo
Is this same person that asked the question?I notice a different user name?Also what is the exact code number?It will be a P followed by a four digit number.

P401 CHANGE CATAYLIC CONVERTORS, ALL 4 O2 SENSORS, EGR VALVE AND CLEANED MAP SENSOR AND ALSO CLEANED PASSAGE WAY TO EGR VALVE CHECK ENGINE LIGHTS STILL COMES ON WITH THE CODE P401 AND ALSO CHANGE CHARCOAL CANISTER

Bolovo
So did you remove the egr valve and start it and see if the engine races and hear a loud exhaust leak?