ELECTRICAL PROBLEM?

2001 Infiniti I30 • 160,000 miles

2001 infiniti i30. No power going to radio harness. And the instrument cluster lights. Both fuses ok on the radio. Changed them out. But found that the one side strip on the 15 amp audio fuse side of the fuse box near the battery, there is power/voltage on 'both sides' of fuse. And is the same for all the fuses on that strip. Only voltage on one side of the other strip which should be correct. Any help would be appreciated. Dave
DKoz

Which strip are you refering to? A picture would help. If it is a fusible link, power should be on both sides if the link is good.

Just checked the little fuses. Not the bigger ones. Sorry don't know the name for them. But where i'm pointing is where i'm asking about

DKoz
Sorry this one

DKoz
Yup, these are mini fuses and if one side is powered, the other side must be. Only one sided power means a blown fuse.

I think you don't understand. When I take the mini fuse out, both sides of the empty slot both have power to them. Will send another photo. Hope you can follow. Thanks. Dave

DKoz
When fuse is removed, only one side should be powered. If both sides are powered, you have a short to power.

Was anythig done prior to this occurring?

Was going to change out the bose radio for another brand, couldn't get the new one to work. Put the old one back and did't power up and the instrument cluster lights don't work either.

DKoz
I just answered your previous post.

Did you test for power supply to the radio?

At terminal # 6 (Yellow wire), it is the memory power source and must be hot at all times.
Terminal # 10 (Purple) is from ACC and powered when key is at ACC or RUN.

Tested them. No power

DKoz
Retested the fuse block again. Took out all mini fuses and now only the horn and audio banks have power going to both sides. And they are right next to each other. With fuse still out the horn still works. Wtf?

DKoz