BURNED-OUT HEADLAMP BULB

2001 Hyundai Sonata • 6 cylinder FWD Automatic • 94,000 miles

2001 Hyundai Sonata 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 94,000 miles. I've looked in the owner's manual, but there isn't detailed enough instructions on how to change a burned-out headlamp bulb. In talking with other people, I've been told that there should be a tab behind the headlamp assembly to pull out the old bulb and replace it with the new one (I've already bought the H7 bulb). Other people tell me that I need to remove the bolts holding in the entire assembly in order to access the bulb. Before I go taking out more than I need to, can you give me step-by-step instructions on how to remove the burned-out bulb and install the new one? Thanks for clearing up this confusion.
2CarPros-Archives

Remove the three retainers and the 10mm bolt and remove the trim cover. Remove the round dust cover from the back of the lamp. Unplug the bulb. Take the bulb retaining clip loose from the hook that holds it. Remove the old bulb. Install the new bulb with the tab facing up and clip in place. Plug in the new bulb. Install the dust cover. Install the trim piece. Remove the three retainers and the 10mm bolt and remove the trim cover. Remove the round dust cover from the back of the lamp. Unplug the bulb. Take the bulb retaining clip loose from the hook that holds it. Remove the old bulb. Install the new bulb with the tab facing up and clip in place. Plug in the new bulb. Install the dust cover. Install the trim piece.

2CarPros-Archives