2000 MY CAR IS VERY HARD TO START

2001 Hyundai Sonata • 4 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 78,000 miles

2000 Hyundai Sonata mileage: 78,000. Thanks for taking the time to answer my question. My car is very hard to start. The only way to start it is to start it and not give it any gas for a minute or so. It takes six tries before you can get it to stay running. It has a service engine light on the dash and disconnecting the battery cable has not eliminated the light. Once started it runs fair but it cuts out as if it is running lean. The problem seems to be getting worse. We do not have a local dealer. Any input you can give me will be appreciated.
2CarPros-Archives

The service engine light indicates a problem in the computer controlled engine management system. We recommend a scanner that you can use to scan your computer for faults or error codes. The information should pinpoint the malfunctioning component. Once you have made the repairs you can use the same scanner to clear the check engine light.

2CarPros-Archives