HYUNDAI ELANTRA COMPRESSION PROBLEM

2001 Hyundai Elantra • 197,000 miles

Hi

How difficult is it to change the power steering pressure hose-the long one with fittings on. My level is moderate to minimal.
Riebed

That sounds like the high pressure hose. They can be a pain. Also, you will need to drain the pump and then bleed the system when you get it back together.

They are not to bad to do. After you remove the bolt that connects the compression fitting into the PS pump, there are 2 small screws to remove along the metal part of the line attached to brackets. The last part to disconnect is at the rack & pinion. My way of removing this is that if you know the line is bad & you're replacing it, go ahead and bend the line back and fourth at the fitting until it breaks. Then simply place a socket over the nut fitting and remove it. The installation is the reverse. Hope this helps!

Jazmo1