FUEL GAUGE DOES NOT MOVE OFF FULL

2001 Hyundai Accent • 96,000 miles

The fuel gauge is stuck. It does not move when the car is on or off.
I changed the sending unit. No change in the guage.
I ordered and got the service manual and tested the wiring harness at the sending unit with a light tester and I get very weak power/light when testing the pins 2 and 3. Should this be a full connection/bright light? If so it looks to be a harness problem. Right?
I unhooked the instrument cluster and took off the connectors in the back of it and got no change in the gauge. I reconnected them and again got no change.
Is there any way to check the gauge to see if it went bad?
Where is the cheapest I can find a NEW replacement wiring harness?
Bigdodge1

Normally the green wire should have a weak blinking light going to the sender. You may havea bad ground which is at the left kick panel. Or it could be a bad gauge as well.

I pulled some of the upholstery up on the left side and I did not find a ground screw/connector but I will look again. I will check the ground for rust, corrosion, etc.

Given that the wire on the sender I tested was the green one and light tester was a weak light; I am guessing that was doing what it should have been. I will test it again looking for it to pulsate/blink.

So then by process of elimination, it would likely be the gauge itself.

Thank you so much for your help!

Bigdodge1
Well it could be the green wire is grounding out someplace as well. The kick panel is below the dash by your foot /parking brake

You found it!
I went to the kicker pannel and when I pulled it off the ground wire; 1 of 2 had popped off. I rewired it and I have my fuel gauge working again.

Thanks again.

Bigdodge1