WORKS FINE THEN SUDDENLY WONT START

2001 Honda CRV • 180,000 miles

My honda crv works fine then suddenly wont start. I leave it for about 1/2 hour and then it starts and works again. What might be the problem?

The car was working fine but one day I switched off and then it didn't start back. After a while it started fine but when I switch off again it wont start back unless I leave it for about 1/2 hour. While driving I don't get any acceleration problems.

i thought it might have been the fuel pump but a friend told me it could also be airflow problems or a sensor. Can you give me some advise as to what I can do to possibly rectify the problem, before I go to a professional mechanic. Thanks in advance
Vishal

Are you able to crank and engine won't fire or it does not crank at all?

If it does not crank, you need to check the ignition switch and starter. Try giving the starter a few knocks when it fails to crank.

It's able to crank but wont fire. However when it cools down it would start.

Vishal
http://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-cranks-but-wont-start

You need to find out what is missing. Check out the above link.

So what problems are you having maybe we can help you out instead of not worth your time-