WHY WON'T MY CAR ACCELERATE PAST 3500 RPM?

2001 Honda Civic • 161,000 miles

Ok my car has been having issues with driving. When I accelerate it will get to about 4k rpm then make like a jerking and then a pop and then my car goes into limp mode and won't let met go past 3500 rpm's. The check engine light is on and it is the OBD code p0336 from autozone and said it's the ckp sensor. So I replaced it. Didn't fix the issue still same problem. To make a long story short, I ended up replacing the crank shaft position sensor 4 times and it still does this jerking and no power upon acceleration and jerking. I did some research online and it said to check a lot of things for p0336 and everything was good. The reluctors were good not damaged or no broken teeth, so it narrowed it down to the crank shaft position sensor connector and wire to check for broken connector or frayed or cracked wires, I checked all that and it was good so I'm now lost on what it is! So I noticed a connector that's connected in a three way connection with the camshaft sensor and the crankshaft position sensor and the third connection being the knock sensor. So I messed around by moving the wire around back and forth to the knock sensor and then drove my car and the problem went away for about a week but then came back a hundered times worse. So my question is can a bad knock sensor cause this jerking and false code of p0336 and not being able to get rpm's past 3500 and with no power and the jerking? Help
Ttsupra78

There is no false code 336. A code number never identifies a bad part, just a failed syste.

You need a shop with a scope to look at the pattern of the cam, crank sensors to see what is going on. It could be a bad distributor assembly but you need to verify.

For some trouble codes, the engine would go into limp mode and/or prevent you from revving above 3500 rpm.

You have a fault with the CKP and you have replaced the sensor a few times without rectifying the problem which means the fault does not lie with the sensor.

You have a poor connection somewhere and it is intermittently causing the problem. The CKP sensor is at a very low point of the engine and the terminals are prone to contaminations resulting in rust/oxidations. Disconnect the CKP sensor and note if the terminals are oxidised. Get some contact cleaner from the electronic shop and spray onto the CKP pins and connector terminals to clean them throughly. Apply some dielectric grease and clear trouble codes and retest.

You need an alternater

Jason1969