HONDA CIVIC NOISE PROBLEM

2001 Honda Civic • 153,000 miles

So I have a 2001 Honda Civic and I've been getting a grinding or scraping noise only every so often when the car is idling or at a stop light. When moving you don't hear anything and it doesn't happen every time so figured I'd wait till a tune up to get it checked out. However it has been getting more frequent and the last few times I've started my car the gauges have all kinda freaked out and it took a second to start. Didn't know if it was because of the cold temperature or if it had anything to do with the other problem. Any advise would be great. -Joe-
Imjoey

Remove the belt and check all belt driving accessories to see if any have a bad bearing. Also, check the water pump. Something tells me that the noise is still there when you drive, but you don't hear it because there are other noises that are louder.