HONDA CITY ENGINE PROBLEM

2001 Honda City • 4 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 80,000 miles

Hi my car rpm is fluctuating, I have got the throttle body serviced several times but the problem does not fix. I have also tried changing the chock sensor but that is not helping me out, have also tried completely replacing the throttle body but all in vain.

the rpm fluctuating ranges between 700 to 1500 and sometimes the rpm stucks at 1500 or more.

Please advise what else I am missing out!
Ahmedkashif

There cold be a vacuum leak or a hose off somewhere. Try using choke cleaner and spraying around engine to see if rpm drops if it does look there for leak.

Thanks for the reply.

What kind of hose ur talking about. The vcauum hose? And what part of engine should I spray
1. On the vacuum hose?
2. Around the throttle body?
3. On the throttle body?

Do I need to remove the air cleaner body to do all this?

Or there is some another kind of hoses related to the engine head and block ur advising to spray on

the fluactuation does not happen all the time but happens most of the times, transmission is automatic and while driving in heavy traffic it get very dangerous God for bid I may hit some one.

Ahmedkashif
I am talkingabout vacuum hoses and yes to see them take the air cleaner and enginecover if ther eis one. Spray around intake and where you see hoses, if rpm changes you've found it.

Attached is the picture of my engine (similar to mine) I have marked the vacuum hose in yellow, please advise if there is any other hose

Ahmedkashif
We dont' have the city model here in u.S. Check th two hoses going by the pcv valve you have listed. Otherwise take it to a local pro to check for vacuum leak

Ok. Will update u on that

Ahmedkashif