VTEC SELENOID

2001 Honda Accord • 223 miles

I was told that my accord is burning oil. Its a 2.3 automatic 4dr. I just last year paid 2k for a built trans. The car is almost paid off. I dont want to go through the hassle of new car payments. I was told either spend a lot of money in engine work on rings and stuff or get a replacement motor. Any ideas on where I can get a good used honda motor. I was told JDMTiger motors or something from Japan? Is there a motor v6 motor that will fit in this car and fit to the trans? I figure if I have to look into a new motor better get something that could perform a little better.

Cevans

You can check into a junkyard for a used one, or there are plenty of engine rebuilders around. Have a mechanic do a compressioncheck on it though that will tell you a lot, it cold be a pcv system or just need valve seals

Mostly the fault lies with the valve seals as Honda engine seldom have problems with the rings.