HONDA ACCORD ENGINE PROBLEM

2001 Honda Accord • 106,000 miles

Car won't get out of low gear when cold (V6 automatic)
Transmission fluid and Oil seem to be at right levels.
"check engine" light comes on
Once car is warmed up then car operates fine.
"check engine" light then goes out.
"TSS" light also comes on, then goes off when warmed up
Gregkausch

The first thing I need from you is the exact code numbers in the computer not the code descriptions?Thats are starting point. The fluid is a nice red color correct?Its not black is it?

Yes, the transmission fluid is still red tint, not black.
Don't have code numbers. If the check engine light is off, will Advanced Auto Parts or other places that hook up to computer still do this for you?

Gregkausch
They should because if the light was on a code will be stored and I need the codes so we can see where to go next.

The Check Engine and TSS lights should not be showing when engine is running and the delayed time for them to go off indicates this could be a fault with the electrical circuits, mostly relay faults.

The actual code numbers should would be nice khlow2008 otherwise its just a guessing game.

Don't be surprised if no codes comes back.

With the check engine light on I would expect codes thats first thing we need to see.

The code from computer hook up was P1607.

Gregkausch
I posted the trouble for the code P1607 its for a ecm/pcm internal failure but you will have to follow the trouble tree to find out if its bad. It could be the computer causing the transmission issues especially if the check light light comes on when the transmission has issues and when the light shuts off the issues are gone.

When the car is fully warmed up (10 minutes running) the check engine light goes out as well as the TSS light
and car shifts gears normally. If computer was bad wouldn't you still have shifting problems with transmission?

Gregkausch
Page 1 of 2