I AM GETTING AIR IN MY CLUTCH FLUID.

2001 Ford Ranger • 142,000 miles

Every time it gets cold out my clutch stopps working right. The pedal gets a lot of slack and will not disenge the clutch. I have to start it in gear and it will not shift right. There is some air getting in to the line.
Iceman240

Check the master for any signs of leaking under the rubber boot where the push pod enters, if there is any signs of fluid there or the slave replace them.

Mhpautos
I did have to add fluid. Ican not find a leak but the slave sleeve is inside the bell housing. Also there isn't a push rod at the master.I am grasping at straws here. Thanks for your help.

Iceman240
If you are loosing fluid there is a leak, did not realize that it was an internal slave on this one, is it a 4 or 6 cyl and is it an Edge? Just looking for some pics and further info.

Mhpautos
It is a 4x4 ranger v 6

Iceman240
Check master cylinder, there is a rod that attaches to the pedal, check under the rubber boot see pic for view.

Mhpautos