HOW TO REMOVE A CYLINDER HEAD ON A LX

2001 Ford Mondeo • 115,000 miles

I changed the intake manifold an removed the flaps but somehow I manged to drop a piece of metal in the cylinder head, didn't realise an drove it any ideas on. How to find it and remove it or how to change the cylinder head. Any advice will be much appriciated cheers.
Carlos pud

How big of a metal? Its probably gone out of the exhaust-Is the engine making any type of noise?

Hi thanks for the reply, the piece of metal is about 50mm in lenth its Part of the metal rod that runs through the flaps on the intake manifold, I don't think its gone out of the exhaust because when I started the car you can hear it tinging around in there somewhere, iv taken the spark plugs out and shon a light through the hole but can't see it, I'm worried its in there destroying the pistons or valves. Any. Ideas would be much appriciated, I'm super confused. Thanks.

Carlos pud
If its in the combustion chamber you need to remove the cylinder head to remove it-