FORD FOCUS SENSOR PROBLEM

2001 Ford Focus

I have recently purchased a mk1 1.4lx focus which is running rich there is no maf sensor on the vehicle and no visible wiring showing there ever was also I cannot see any map sensor around under or near the inlet manifold or behind the altinater the Haynes manual I have says it should have a maf sensor but it does not look like it has been removed as there is no loom for it or wires that have been cut if I purchase a maf sensor and wire it up as the Haynes manual says or will this cause problems thanks ipb
Ianbainbridge

Scan for codes first. The maf is on the left side of engine compt behind battery

There is defenetly no maf sensor or wiring the codes are p0108 and p0113 high map and high inlet air ten sensor reading yet there is no map sensor on the car is it possiblle previous owner removed them also is there anywhere I can find out exactly what should be on the engine

Ianbainbridge
This has to bea european model in the u.S they are behind battery left side of eng compt. I can't get into ford site right now to see if it is different on your model or not. I may not be able to get into it either. Check with a local shop near you

Ok I got on the ford site and am sending you the u.S version of focus air intake system it clearly shows the maf and yours should have it