CAR SHAKES

2001 Ford Explorer • 125,000 miles

Car shakes while accellerating at all speeds. The faster I go, the worse it gets. I took to shop and they said bad tires, so I replaced them. Car still shakes. I would imagine they checked out the front end as well as the tires. What else could it be that they may have misse? They did recommend an alignment.

Dgoncalves

MY STEP-DAUGHTERS '96 EXPLODER HAS HAD SEVERE BALL JOINT ISSUES---LIKE ONE DAY AFTER FLYING TO NY, AND PURCHASING IT FROM HER BROTHER

YOU MIGHT ALSO HAVE YOUR DRIVESHAFT UNIVERSAL JOINTS INSPECTED ALSO

"IMAGINE" IS AN ASSUMPTION KINDA WORD----YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY "ASSUME" STANDS FOR? LOL

YOU REALLY NEED TO KNOW EXACTLY WHAT WAS CHECKED (IF YOU HAVE NO CLUE) GET IT IN WRITING!

I DON'T TRY TO RECOMMEND BIG SHOPS OR THE STEALERSHIP.I PROMOTE DIY WHEN IT IS FEASIBLE.

I DO NOT KNOW WHERE YOUR ARE TAKING IT FOR REPAIRS, BUT I DO PROMOTE SMALLER "COMPETENT" PLACES. NOT "LITTLE FREDDIE" THAT USED TO RIDE HIS GO CART DOWN THE STREET YEARS AGO.

PLEASE, YOUR OPINIONS MAY NOT MATCH MINE.I INVESTIGATE ANYWHERE THAT'S GONNA WORK ON ANYTHING OF MINE, ESPECIALLY IF MY LIFE DEPENDS ON IT.I WANT MY STUFF TO BE TREATED LIKE "HE" CARES AS IF IT WERE HIS. SOMETIMES THE CHEAP GUY ISN'T THE ANSWER. AND JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE THE MOST EXPENSIVE SHOP DOES NOT MEAN YOU ARE BETTER EITHER!

YES, TRYING TO SCARE YOU--TOO LATE WHEN YOU DIDN'T MAKE IT!

MY STEP-DAUGHTER'S FRONT DRIVER'S SIDE WHEEL SORTA DID THE "SPLITS" AT ABOUT 60 MPH (THE BOTTOM FLOPPED OUTWARD) AND THE WHEEL WAS NOT FAR FROM LAYING "SUNNY-SIDE UP" ON THE ROAD, STILL ATTACHED TO THE TRUCK

SHE SAYS WAS A MIRACLE, SHE DID NOT GET CREAMED AS SHE DID A FEW 360s DOWN THE INTERSTATE

I LEFT SC WITH A TRAILER AND MANY HOURS LATER I HAD TO SCRAPE THE RIG UP ON TO THE TRAILER IN VA.

SHE ALSO ASSUMED "BROTHER" KEPT HIS RIG IN GOOD WORKING ORDER. WHICH I DID WARN HER ABOUT (HE PUTS MORE EFFORT INTO VIDEO GAMES), AS I CONSTANTLY "WHAT-IF" THE WHOLE FAMILY!

FROM MY WRITING, YOU CAN PROBABLY SEE THAT "NELS-STODOMUS" (ME) IS NOT A POPULAR FELLER AT HOME.I WAS A HERO ON RECOVERY DAY, ESPECIALLY WHEN I JUST GAVE CERTAIN PEOPLE "THE LOOK", BUT SAID NOTHING!

LET'S GET A BETTER EXAMINATION THIS GO 'ROUND

Okay, just got the front end looked at again at a different shop and to emphasize the ball and u-joints. They say they cannot find anything wrong with the front end. We have alot of snow so they say they can't do a road test. I told them to do a wheel balance and alignment to see if that helps. What else could it be?

Dgoncalves
Wheel balance. Alignment. U-joints. Slide under the truck and shake the driveshaft. There should be no play.

Rivermikerat
THIS MAY HELP YOU UNDERSTAND EXACTLY WHAT TO LOOK FOR

Pink didn't show up CJ.

Rivermikerat
IS A LITTLE "CAMMOED" IN THERE. MADE THESE LONG AGO.I CAN READ 'EM PRETTY GOOD ON MY 32" MONITOR

SORRY--STILL ENOUGH INFO THAT CAN BE READ TO ACTUALLY DO THE TEST

SO WHAT HAVE YOU COME UP WITH?

THEY WON'T LET US GO HOME UNTIL YOU ARE FIXED

Until I'm fixed? I may still want more kids, CJ! Cee who you're replying to.

Rivermikerat
Okay, tires, wheel balance, alignment, the whole 9 yards. Still shakes. Today I noticed it is shaking when I decellerate from 50 mph. I see your pic, but I can't figure out where this is as far as under the car. That's usually a problem for me.I see a diagram, but can't find it either under the car or the hood.

Dgoncalves
Just let me know. Left side, right side, middle, rear? Thanks in advance.

Dgoncalves
Middle rear. The differential. Look at the picture. The thing with the silver color is the differential cover. On the front side of what it covers.

Rivermikerat
Page 1 of 2