2001 Ford Escort Repair Question
Ford Escort Sensor Problem
1. Disconnect the battery ground cable.
2. Raise the vehicle; refer to Maintenance/Service and Repair.
3. Remove the exhaust manifold.
4. Disconnect the electrical connector from the Crankshaft Position Sensor (CKP Sensor).
5. Remove the crankshaft position sensor.
o Remove the bolt.
o Remove the crankshaft position sensor.
1. Lubricate the O-ring lightly with engine oil XO-5W30-QSP or equivalent meeting Ford specification WSS-M2C153-G and the API Certification Mark.
NOTE: Inspect the O-ring for damage; replace if required.
2. Follow the removal procedure in reverse order.
23,388 answers provided