CAR SOMTIMES CUTS OUT , AND NOW WONT TURN OVER WITH KEY BUT WILL TURN OVER IF I BRIDGE THE POLES ON STARTER MOTOR

2001 Ford Cougar • 70,000 miles

All lights are illuminated on dash board but car will not turn over by key.
Ktom85

Check ignition switch, neutral safety switch. Try starting in neutral instead of park.

Fixitmr
It not a auto its a manual thanks for responding though, if you got any more ideas I would be greatfull for reply thanks, keith.

Ktom85
Also when I turn the key all dash lights dim, but battery is at full power, because I can start car by bridgeing contacts, car has been cutting out when at idle 900rpm. When I turn the power of and back on (WHEN DRIVING) CAR SEEMS TO RESET and works fine until the next time it loses revs. Dont know if this info helps but dont know what other info to supply. Thanks keith.

Ktom85
This might help had same problem with my car. In the fuse box under the bonnet there is a 20amp block fuse (blue) pull the fuse as this one if not in perfect connection will stop the engine from turning over to start. I looked at mine at first and it looked ok but when I pulled it out I could see the top of the fuse was snapped not letting the current flow.

Sf7