MY AC HOSE CONNECTIONS SEEM TO BE STUCK AND WON'T COME APART

2001 Dodge Ram • 170,000 miles

Dodge ram 1500 5.9. 170k miles. I am replacing the a/c system and am having a problem getting the hose assembly connections apart. They seem to be a push/pull connections but I can't get them apart. Is there a secret or a way to get them apart. I am afraid I will break something if I try much harder.
Rdmpeanut

Which parts.

The connections are at the end of the long metal that runs from the connection that runs into the cab and hooks to the radiator. The new part looks like it just pushes in. It has 3 oring looking things on the sleve that fits into the lines running into the cab and radiator. I can not get the old ones off with pulling. I am afraid if I put to much force I will damage the other lines to the cab and radiator. I'm sure they are stuck from 170k miles use. Is there something I can do?

Rdmpeanut
They are spring clips that require a tool that expands the clip to release the lines.

The set is about 10 from any parts store.

To help get them off spray some wd40 all over the lock. Slip the tool in twist it and then pull the line off. Thay can stick some times.

Djcl