REPLACE TENSIONER PULLEY

2001 Dodge Neon • 4 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 146,000 miles

Replace neon tensioner pulley
Mstran

Make sure you locate the Serpentine Belt Routing Sticker before you proceed. If not make an excellent drawing and take a GOOD Picture. Do NOT try to just remember how it goes back on. Should be a 15mm wrench to loosen tensioner to remove belt. Locate mounting bolts to tensioner and remove, replace with NEW tensioner tighten bolts then reroute belt. Then using 15mm pull tensioner and install belt in correct route. Remove all tools and body parts from engine bay. Do not start engine if anyone is in the vicinity of engine bay. Belt may fly off if you did not do it right. Start car, if it doesn't fly off, visually inspect belt for proper operation. Your done. Good job!

Fixitmr
Unless you are talking about TIMING belt tensioner?

Fixitmr
I'm typing this for my son via cell phone conversation - he still has not been able to replace this, so he put it all back together again. From what I understand he has no power steering, the part that needs to be replace is a round plastic disc approx. 3 inches.

Mstran
Sounds like the pulley on the tensioner is what needs changing. Did he get it done now?

Fixitmr