DODGE NEON ENGINE PROBLEM

2001 Dodge Neon • 110,000 miles

Im driving my car and sometimes the car just shuts off. Every thing is still on (headlight, dashboard, stereo, ect) just the engine shuts off as I try to turn it back on it cranks and the motor turns and everything I can hear the fuel pump turns on (by the way its bran new changed it a week ago) and sometimes it turns on and seconds later shuts off and and as I try turn it on it turns back off does that a couple of times any suggestions? Oh yeah last time I was driving my car and in turnd off while driving I threw it in neutral and as I was pulling over to the shoulder about 55mph the car turned on automaticly
Kemados

The fuel pump is supposed to run for only one second after turning on the ignition switch, then again during engine rotation, (cranking or running). What you're describing is typical of a failing camshaft position sensor or less-commonly, a crankshaft position sensor. Start by checking the diagnostic fault codes. If one has set, it will indicate the circuit or system that needs further diagnosis.