DODGE DURANGO SENSOR PROBLEM

2001 Dodge Durango • 230,345 miles

Hello my name is Chris I have 2001 Durango changed crankshaft position sensor but old magnet part off the old sensor on removal broke off in side of motor an fell inside motor will or can that cause it to rev high low an. Cause it to stall have put new plugs in it an still has no guts very bogish on take off can put pedal to floor an no power can you help

Your description is really hard to understand. I CAN tell you there needs to be a spacer on the end of the crankshaft position sensor to set the critical air gap. If you install a used sensor without the spacer, chances are you will push it in too far and it will be broken by the rotating flex plate. Chrysler sensors come with a thick paper spacer stuck to the end. They slide off the first time the engine is started. Some aftermarket sensors come with a thin plastic rib molded to the end. When reinstalling a used one like that you're supposed to cut the remaining part of the rib off and use a new paper spacer.