DODGE DURANGO SPARK PROBLEM

2001 Dodge Durango • 148,000 miles

I have a hard start problem with my truck usually if its in the morning and its cold out it starts right up then if I let it sit for an hour or 2 it starts hard then when it does start I smell fuel, not so much anymore I fixed my vacuum hose it was cracked so I first did a tune up and its been a little over a year for that but same problem next I changed out the fuel pump/regulator/filter which is all one in my truck with a Chrysler product (check engine light has never come on) so we have just fixing what would be the obvious to us but anyway then replaced Cam sensor the other day we found 2 bad fuel injectors so we replaced them, started up right away a few times then same issue. The battery is a little old but crank amps are good so what would you recommend?
Mojoe75

Id use a gage and check proper fuel pressure. Also check that the pressure will hold for a bit, with everything off. If pressure drops like a rock, you have a pressure leak, somewhere? Id check codes, anyway, Ive had inactive codes point me in the right direction.

I'm sorry forgot to tell you that was already done and with the vacuum hose & the fuel injectors replaced the pressured stayed at 50, before it went from 50 to 20 in like a few minutes but we checked after the hose and injectors were replaced and the pressure stayed at 50. Also when I go to start it if I can tell its gonna be a hard start I stop right away and turn the power on and off 3 times but no codes it says "p done" where my odometer is, so its really getting frustrating and I also got a squeaking noise coming from my passenger side rear tire but stops when I engage the brakes and it comes and goes I noticed that when its damp or wet out when I take it out for the drive my brakes lock really easily with just a little push on the peddle but goes away after a few times, I'm thinking that the squeak could be a bearing I checked the front and they look good but haven't checked the back drums. But back to the starting problem with 2 bad injectors leaking fuel could that mess with the spark plugs? I was just gonna replace the 2 but thought I might as well do all 8.

Mojoe75
Flooding can cause a hot restart. After hard cranking, can you pull a spark plug and look at it, is it wet. Gasoline can foul spark plugs. Thats a good thought.

I have the same problem ive replace almost everything. Just replaced all 8 injectors yesturday. Now today check engine light came on and throwing code misfire on 1. Please help !

Nicolereed1
Did you have this code before you worked on it? Check fuel--spark-- compression on cylinder #1.