DODGE CARAVAN ENGINE PROBLEM

2001 Dodge Caravan • 158,000 miles

I recently rebuilt the 41te transmission in my 2001 dodge grand caravan. When I got it back together and put it back in the van and went to start it, it was running very rough. I thought this was due to not running for 3 months. But after approx 10 mins or so it starts to bog down and eventually stall. I tried making sure the connections were tight. It is still doing it. Any suggestions?
Teufelhunden77

Check fuel pressure. Is the check engine light on?

No there is no engine light on. Did the onboard diagnostic through the odometer and it came up with p 1684 which was to be expected. Other than that, no light

Teufelhunden77
I tried starting it a couple weeks ago with the original battery. But there was a bad cell in it. The van tried to start but would'nt. Is there anyway that I could have thrown the engine off time by doing that. Or is that what my crankshaft position sensor is for? Plus it has been backfiring as well or a least that is what I think it is doing.

Teufelhunden77
Upon further investigating I have determined that when I took the intake off of my engine and let it set that way unprotected like a silly guy. It got rain in it and subsequently got water in my oil and valves. So my next step is to drain the milkshake colored oil from my crankcase and take the oil filter off. Take out my spark plugs and manually turn the crankcase just in case there is water collected around the cylinders. Put motor flush through the engine so that it will trap any water and burn it off. Then I am going to throw a new filter on it and put new oil in it and then put octane boost in the tank and run it. That, in my logic should take care of the problem. Let me know if you think that my logic is flawed.

Teufelhunden77
Oh and my wires to my coil pack were criss-crossed. Now van runs fine. Now to do the quicklearn.

Teufelhunden77