COULD THIS REALLY BE THE PCM? PART AND PROGRAMMING IS EXPENSIVE.

2001 Chrysler Sebring • 21,000 miles

Car is in limp home mode. Code indicated speed sensors so replaced both of those. Did not work. Computer indicates now that it is the PCM. Does this sound right?
Cstlbnd

What is code?

Docfixit
When the check engine light comes on and the car is then hooked up to a computer to get a code to know what is supposedly wrong. First code indicated the problem was speed sensor, replaced those (20 bucks x 2 so no big deal) and car is still in limp home mode so hooked car back up to computer and code indicated problem is Powertrain control module which is 400 dollars and than another 100 to have the PCM flashed (programmed). I can't afford to she'll out that kind of cash if that is not the problem

Cstlbnd
Need code in Poxxx format

Docfixit
Took it back to the autoparts store and got the following codes: P0605 Internal Control Module Rom malfunction
P0700 Transmission Control System (Malfunction Indicator Lamp Request)

Cstlbnd
When 605 and 700 present then replace Trans Control Module

Docfixit
Is the trans control module the same thing as the powertrain control module?

Cstlbnd
TCm and PCM are different but located in left front engine compartment. See diagram

Docfixit
I'm guessing your car is still broken? If not, please post your solution for other people with the same problem. Thanks. : -)

Heathric