MY AC/ HEAT IN MY CAR IS MULTIFUNCTINAL. IT COMES ON AND OFF WHEN IT WHATS TOO. ESPECIALLY. ANY IDEA OF HOW IT WOULD COST DIGNOSED AND REPAIR...

2001 Chrysler Sebring

My ac/ heat in my car is multifunctinal. It comes on and off when it whats too. Especially. ANY idea of how it would cost dignosed and repair.

Kylenedd

You can't know cost until you know what the problem is. I assume you are not referring to a blower issue.

With the engine at full operating temp, locate the 2 heater hoses where they go into the firewall and feel them to see if they are both hot to the touch. If they are both hot, the heat in that vehicle is controlled by a blend door that regulates heated air flow. It is operated by an electric motor/actuator. The problem can be that the actuator is stripped or inoperative or the door itself could be damaged. This is what needs to be determined by examining the actuator and see if it is responding to heat change commands or not.

Wrenchtech