MY WON'T START AND NOT SURE WHERE TO BEGIN

2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser • 66,000 miles

I have a 2001 PT Cruiser and the odd time when I get in the car the car will not turn over. The remote unlock will not even work to opent the door. I turn the key and nothing happens, lights don't come on or anything. Get back in a few minutes later, it starts perfect. Not sure why those odd times the car in completely dead.

Also sometimes when driving the radio lights start to flash, some dashboard lights come on and then it goes away and everythign works fine.

Any thoughts?
Avilla

I would start with cleaning the battery cables very well. Bad connections are the most issues with these types of intermittent problems.

Is the service engine light on?

No the service light is not on. I will check the battery cables and get the battery checked. I also read about the RKE module. Could this be the issue? With this prevent the car from starting

Avilla
Before going out there with no evidence of a failure, start with the basics and see what happens. That would be way down the list of items to check.