300M DOOR GASKET INSTALLATION

2001 Chrysler 300 • 6 cylinder 2WD Automatic • 115,000 miles

I have a chrysler 300m and need to install the rear driverside door gasket. The gasket around the frame not the one around the actual door. Is that hard? Do I need any special tools or is it just a matter of snapping it on.
81artmonk

As I recall, there is a groove molded in that slides over the pinch welds where two layers of sheet metal meet. What you might find is part of it goes under the sill plate to anchor it. I think there are no screws for the sill plate. It should snap off when you carefully pry up on it.

So it's basically kind of just sliding it on between the frame and the metal flap. I looked at it the other day and noticed that, but was just curious if it only looked that easy or if I needed some special tool. With autos you never really know until you start working on them. LOL

81artmonk
Yup. There's no special tools needed. When you're done, check for the presence of tiny holes every, ... Oh, ... Six to eight inches. If you see any that still have the rubber stuck in the hole, pop that piece out. Those holes allow air to enter to blow the seal up while driving.