AIRBAG HELP!

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe

How do I disable my 2001 chevy tahoe passenger airbag
Kellyandwade

Remove S.I.R. Fuse then at base of steering collum disconnect YELLOW wire connector if PASS air bag do same under glove box

Docfixit
What is the goal? Why do you want to disable a safety system?

We have a pre tenn we would like to sit in the front seat. Where under the glove box is it?

Kellyandwade
Thought you needed to remove steering wheel for repairs. For legal reasons will not instruct how to disable Goverment mandated safety equipment. Suggest you contact National Highway Traffic Safety Board 800-424-9393 for guidence as to child restraint

Docfixit
Sorry, I misread your original post and also thought you were after the driver's air bag. Most trucks since the mid '90s have a switch to turn the passenger air bag off with the key. When that first became an option that dealers could install for you, most would order the parts for you but they would not install them for you. Their concern was for liability. Even when you sign a waiver releasing them of liability, a shrewd lawyer will overcome that piece of paper and the dealer will still be party to a lawsuit. Thank your over zealous lawyers for the dealers' refusal to install factory parts.