WHY DOES MY ENGINE DO THAT?

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo • 157 miles

Hey when I start my car and Put it into drive I don't move then it does huge jerk as If the engine going to come thought the cockpit then I start to drive why Dow that happen
MonteRyanCarlo

Could be low transmission fluid or fluid pressure clogged transmission filter internal damage etc. Do you have any codes in the computer?

Nope not that I remember I'm going tomorrow to garage need new cadillac converter, I will check my tramission fluid do I need the car running for bit to check that? N other problem is everytime inturn it makes a loud rubbing sound kinda sounds like I'm driving a electric car I think it's my power steering but I can't find it. Was told it's hard to put fluid in it cuz it's in a hard spot

MonteRyanCarlo
Which engine do you have?If there is no visable transmission fluid leaks the fluid is probably full. Check your power steering fluid level see if its low could explain the noise heard when turning.

I have v6 3.8l n yes I will check once I find it. I just don't understand why engine jerks like that like the whole car jerks.

MonteRyanCarlo
From the sudden viloent engagement into drive is causing it.

How do I fix that problem?

MonteRyanCarlo
So any codes in the computer?ANy transmission leaks?

Nope

MonteRyanCarlo
I would check the transission fluid level then do a pressure test.