TEMPERATURE GAUGE STOPPED WORKING.

2001 Chevrolet Malibu • 6 cylinder FWD Automatic • 130,000 miles

Just recently the temperature gauge in my wifes car stopped working. I checked the owners manuel to see if there was a fuse for the temperature gauge. There was not. All the rest of the gauges are working in the instrument panel. Can you please offer me an suggestions as to why only the temperature gauge just stopped working. I'm asking with the free question because I'm unemployed and low on money. I would greatly appreciate any help you can offer. Thank you very much for your time and assistance.
Rmessamore

Do you have a check engine light? Could be the coolant temperature sensor out of calibration -also check the wiring

There is a check engine light but it has not come on. I also noticed that the electronic engine fan seems to run all the time when the car is running. Could this be connected to the non working temperature gauge some how? Thanks for your earlier quick response.

Rmessamore