ENGINE REPLACEMENT

2001 Chevrolet Malibu • 6 cylinder FWD Automatic •

I have a 2001 Chevy Malibu. I need to replace the engine and I found a 2007 3.5 engine. My car has the 3.1 which is similar to the 3.4. I want to know if I can put the 2007 engine into my 2001. Everything is pretty much the same. Maybe if I changed the intakes valve. Would that be compatible?
KAlvarez23

I meant to put intake manifold

KAlvarez23
You're opening a real can of worms by changing year and size. I just read a reply where even the intake manifold and coolant temperature sensor where different from one year to the next. Your Engine Computer, wiring harness, injectors, and just about everything in the emissions system will be different. Also consider a larger radiator and stronger springs. GM is famous for changing things from one year to the next. To prove it to yourself, go to http://www.rockauto.com and look up the part numbers for parts for different years and engine sizes. You're looking to add way too many variables to try to figure out why the engine won't run right and the brakes don't perform properly.

Will keep that in mind. Thank you

KAlvarez23